#244 Communications Research Assistant for the Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) – Academic Year 2018 - 19Apply to Position
Start Date: 2018-09-16
End Date: 2019-06-15
Deadline to Apply: Aug 15, 2018
The University of Washington Information School’s Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) has an outstanding opportunity for a student to provide key support to TASCHA’s research communications activities.
The Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA) at the University of Washington Information School explores the design, use, and effects of information and communication technologies in communities facing social and economic challenges. With experience in over 50 countries, TASCHA brings together a multidisciplinary network of researchers, practitioners, and policy experts to advance knowledge, create public resources, and improve policy and program design. Our purpose? To spark innovation and opportunities for those who need it most.
The student in this position will play an integral role by working directly with TASCHA’s Communications Specialist, along with the leadership and researchers at TASCHA. The student will have an opportunity to learn more about TASCHA’s research, the areas we work in, and to provide communications support to the TASCHA team. As we want this to be a mutually beneficial role, TASCHA’s Communications Specialist will work with the student to identify and nurture their interests and goals in working at TASCHA, while still getting the important support needed to communicate our work effectively.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following duties:
• Writing about TASCHA’s research for dissemination on the group’s website, social media platforms, and more
• Assisting the Communications Specialist in managing and maintaining TASCHA’s website, social media accounts, and other online research communications platforms
• Actively monitoring and reporting on what is happening in the fields of Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D), Digital Development, Public Libraries (in and outside the United States), Innovation, eLearning, and more related to technology & social change
• Providing regular updates on their work to both the Communications Specialist and other TASCHA members
• Participating in TASCHA meetings as necessary and appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
• Current, or incoming, graduate student at the Information School 2018-2019 academic year
• Exceptionally strong written and oral professional communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and positive work practices (i.e., take initiative, flexible with shifting priorities, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team)
• Ability to work independently - planning and carrying out tasks with guidance from the Communications Specialist
• Working knowledge of WordPress
• Savvy in strategic social media use and professional online communications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Interest in the work of the Technology & Social Change Group (TASCHA)
• Student must be enrolled at the University of Washington for the duration of the positon to be eligible
Questions regarding compensation or benefits should be directed to iSchool Human Resources at email@example.com
- File: Resume. Required File
- File: Cover Letter. Required File
Please submit all application materials no later than Aug 15, 2018 to ensure consideration.
All applicants will be contacted two weeks after the position closes.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.