#92 Student Assistant – iSchool Diversity Office –Academic Year 2017-2018
Location: UW Information School – Seattle Campus
Start Date: 2017-10-04
End Date: 2018-06-15
Deadline to Apply: Sep 18, 2017
The UW Information School (iSchool) is looking for an undergraduate student to assist the Diversity, Equity & Access Officer with communication and outreach activities that generate and sustain engagement among and between iSchool students, faculty and staff, prospective students, alumni and community members. This position requires an individual who is detail oriented, highly organized, has excellent written, verbal, visual and social media communication skills and is knowledgeable about and connected to diverse communities, with a special emphasis on, but not limited to, communities of color.
This position will work up to a maximum of 10 hours/week.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Diversity, Equity & Access Officer, support iSchool diversity events and the Annual Diversity Summit. This position requires attendance at the following iSchool diversity events and activities:
• Diversity Month (November)
• Spring Diversity Meet & Greet Lunch
• Quarterly Staff Diversity Lunches
• Quarterly Student Lunches
• Diversity & Equity Summit
• Other events as needed
Specific duties and responsibilities for these events will include:
• Filling out forms required for events, e.g. food forms, room reservations, etc.
• Catering/food and room setup and cleanup
• Coordinate volunteers
• Event communication, outreach and RSVPs
• Day-of event prep and logistics, including but not limited to: Welcome and sign-in attendees, meeting notes, headcount, event evaluations, etc.
• Note taking, when applicable
Other primary responsibilities include working closely with the Diversity, Equity & Access Officer to support and coordinate the iSchool Diversity Ambassador (iDA) program and giving logistical support to the Diversity Committee.
• Coordinate iSchool Diversity Ambassador (iDA) volunteers and prospective student requests for iDAs
• Update the iSchool Diversity Ambassador (iDA) website
• Prepare biographies of iDAs for publication on iSchool website
• Maintain SharePoint site for iDA statistics and information
• Update faculty and student diversity recruitment brochures and related materials
• Promote Diversity Office events, activities via social media, creating flyers/handouts, Diversity Bulletin Board—creativity welcome!
• Provide logistical and administrative support for Diversity, Equity & Access Officer, Diversity Committee and Student Diversity Council meetings, events and other activities.
This position will average 10 hours per week with core work hours ranging between 11:30am-2:30pm (days/dates will vary, but the 11:30am-2:30pm timeframe is important).
Undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Washington during autumn quarter 2017.
This position is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in the University of Washington. This position is not benefits eligible and does not cover tuition.
$15.35 - $16.75 per hour dependent on experience.
Not Benefits Eligible
Questions regarding compensation should be directed to iSchool Human Resources at email@example.com
- File: Resume
- Required File
- File: Cover Letter
- Required File
Please submit all application materials no later than Sep 18, 2017 to ensure consideration.
All applicants will be contacted two weeks after the position closes.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.