#78 Research Assistant – MLIS Curriculum Co-Design – Autumn 2017 & Winter 2018
Location: The Information School, UW
Start Date: 2017-09-16
End Date: 2018-03-15
Deadline to Apply: Aug 20, 2017
Assist and support Susan Hildreth, Professor of Practice, in her Distinguished Practitioner in Residence project focused on developing a curriculum co-design process. Several key curriculum areas that would benefit from better alignment with the library and information field will be identified. A user-centered co-design process, including workshops that will include faculty, library and information employers and students, will be developed to focus on these priority curriculum topics. The research assistant will be involved in all aspects of the project and provide direct support to the Professor as needed.
- Analyzing survey data to identify curriculum topics
- Researching co-design activities to inform organization of workshops
- Applying collaborative design principles to workshop activities
- Identifying background material necessary for workshops
- Assisting in identifying workshop participants
- Managing all logistics for workshops
- Participating in workshops
- Maintaining documentation of all project activities
- Interest and/or familiarity with user experience (UX), user-centered design (UCD) and/or collaborative design
- Ability to manage time, handle multiple tasks and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly as project develops and priorities emerge
This position will work up to a maximum of 10 hours/week.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following duties:
• Graduate student enrolled at the University of Washington during autumn quarter 2017
• Enrolled for a minimum of 10 credits during autumn quarter
Questions regarding salary and benefits should be directed to Information School Human Resources at iHRhelp@uw.edu.
Questions regarding compensation should be directed to iSchool Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- File: Resume
- Required File
- File: Cover Letter
- Required File
Please submit all application materials no later than Aug 20, 2017 to ensure consideration.
All applicants will be contacted two weeks after the position closes.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.