#75 Hourly Student Office Assistant - Office of Student Services, Career ServicesApply to Position
Location: UW Information School, Mary Gates Hall
Start Date: 2017-09-18
End Date: 2018-06-15
Deadline to Apply: Aug 15, 2017
The Career Services team in the iSchool’s Office of Student Services is looking for a UW undergraduate student to provide general office assistance in the following areas:
- Reception coverage (answering phones, greeting/directing walk-in traffic, helping students make appointments, checking in student appointments, answering general questions)
- Assist employers and students with accessing the iCareers CRM system and answer questions that arise for job postings
- Manage iCareers job description entries, run reports, and troubleshoot any issues that arise with the system
- Monitor the iCareers email queue
- Create and design web and printed documents related to career services and activities
- Provide assistance for event preparation
- Run occasional errands on campus
- Support the iSchool admissions team with tasks as necessary
- Collaborate with other staff and student employees on projects
- Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following duties:
• Must be a currently enrolled as a University of Washington undergraduate student
• Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word) and email required
• Experience working with a CRM or database system
• Must be highly organized, punctual, and reliable
• Able to work as a team member and independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to multitask and/or prioritize multiple tasks
• Able to work with a variety of stakeholders including students, alumni, and employers
• Prior office and/or customer service experience
• Experience with Microsoft Access and/or Outlook
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Tableau, or similar software
1. Send a cover letter describing your skills and experiences that addresses both the requirements and desired qualifications of the position.
2. Attach a current resume that includes your work history and academic accomplishments.
3. If you have a Work Study award, please attach a pdf of your Work Study award.
$15.35 per hour
Questions regarding compensation or benefits should be directed to iSchool Human Resources at email@example.com
- File: Resume. Required File
- File: Cover Letter. Required File
- File: Work Study. Optional File
Please submit all application materials no later than Aug 15, 2017 to ensure consideration.
All applicants will be contacted two weeks after the position closes.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.